Some of the lectures by Detlev Blanke (and Wera Blanke: 3, 5, 6, 9.5., 14) have been videotaped and are stored in the Internet; they can be accessed by everybody.
German: 1, 4, 8, 10, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19.
Esperanto: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9.1-9.6, 11, 12, 13, 17.
The videotapes registered by Sebastian Kirf are: 1, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 16, 19.
Publications by Detlev Blanke on the topics of the talks are added and registered on this homepage:
A = (co-) edited anthologies, D = manuscripts/documents M = monographs, S = contributions in journals/periodicals and anthologies.
eo = lecture in Esperanto
de = lecture in german language
GIL = german scientific organization on interlinguistics (Gesellschaft für Interlinguistik, GIL)
(1) Video Interview with Detlev Blanke: About Planned Languages, Interlinguistics, Esperanto, Language Politics and a few other topics, organized and videotaped by Sebastian Kirf on 9 April 2005 at the Interkultura Centro in Herzberg am Harz – the Esperanto Town/Germany. (de)
Publications: items D5 and M19.
(2) Lecture about the history of Esperanto-Association of German Democratic Republic, delivered at 3.6.2006 during the 83rd German Congress of Esperanto in Brunswick/Germany. (eo)
Publications: items M8, M19, S37, S42, S70-73, S76, S77, S133, S136, S158, S202, S219.
(3) „The art of public speaking“. Lectures by Humphrey Tonkin and Wera Blanke during the 91st World Congress of Esperanto, 2006 in Florence/Italy. (eo)
Publications: items A24, p. 251-261.
(4) "Libraries and archives of planned languages", lecture delivered during the 17th conference of GIL, 24. 11. 2007 in Berlin.(de)
Publications: items A18, A19, S161, S163, S175.
(5) "alimondistoj" (critics of globalization : "a better world is possible"), lecture by Wera Blanke delivered during the 83rd German Congress of Esperanto, 2006 in Brunswick/Germany. (eo)
(6) Interview by the brasilian TV-station TV Supren, Brasilia, with Wera Blanke (about terminology in Esperanto), 17.1.2008. The interview has been realized by Paulo Pereira Nascentes. (eo)
(7) Interview by the brasilian TV-station TV Supren, Brasilia, with Detlev Blanke (about interlinguistics), 17.1.2008. The interview has been realized by Paulo Pereira Nascentes. (eo)
(8) "About the german linguist and interlinguist Georg Friedrich Meier and his role for interlinguistics and Esperanto in German Democratic Republic", lecture delivered during the 19th conference of GIL,
Publications: items S30, S31, S182
(9) During the ceremonial handing over of the Festschrift on the occasion of the 70th birthday of Prof. Dr. Humphrey Tonkin (see Publications: item A20*) on 16 January 2010 at the Headquarters of the Universal Esperanto Association (Universala Esperanto-Asocio, UEA) in Rotterdam, the following lectures were given. (eo)
(9.1) Opening talk by Osmo Buller, General Secretary of UEA
(9.2) Critical acclaim of the celebrated scholar by Prof. Dr. Probal Dasgupta, President of UEA
(9.3) Lecture by Dr. Ulrich Lins (Editor of the Festschrift)
(9.4) Lecture by Dr. Detlev Blanke (Editor of the Festschrift)
(9.5) Poem recitaton by Wera Blanke ("La Vojo" by L.L. Zamenhof)
(9.6) Acceptance speech by Humphrey Tonkin
The videotaping was executed by Francisco Veuthey.
(*La arto labori kune. Festlibro por Humphrey Tonkin. Ed.: Detlev Blanke/Ulrich Lins, Rotterdam: UEA, 901 p.).
(10) "20 years - History of the Society on Interlinguistcs (GIL)", lecture delivered during the 20th conference of GIL in Berlin, 28.11.2010. The society has been leaded by Detlev Blanke 1991-2011.(de)
Publications: items S120, S127, S186, S188, S201.
(11) "Between theory, reality and utopia - The European Union, its language problem and Esperanto", lecture delivered during the OSIEK-conference in Herzberg - the Esperanto-town, 17.-23.7.2010. (eo)
Publications: items A6, S132, S164, S189, S191, 195, S216.
12) "Teaching only the language?" About the non-linguistic contents of language courses of Esperanto (Videotaped by Fritz Wollenberg) (eo):
Part I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppOoQ-MSqjE
Part II http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgi6yjok6Po
(13) "Reasons for the relative success of Esperanto". (Videotaped by Fritz Wollenberg) (eo):
Part I http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEYDWc-rR3E
Part II http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flqWqs7GZBw
Part III http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxrhCGJD_v0
(14) "Esperanto as language for special purposes", by Wera and Detlev Blanke (lecture prezented by Detlev Blanke), during the 21st conference of GIL , 18.-20.11.2011 in Berlin. (de)
Publications: items A18a, A21, A24, S90, S105, S106, S154, S196, S209.
(15) The Festschrift in honour of Detlev Blanke on the occasion of his 70th birthday, handed over by Prof. Dr. Sabine Fiedler and Dr. Cyril Brosch*), 30.05.2011 in Berlin. (de)
(*)Brosch, Cyril/ Fiedler, Sabine (eds. 2011): Florilegium Interlinguisticum. Festschrift für Detlev Blanke zum 70. Geburtstag. Frankfurt/Main: Peter Lang. Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften, 424 p.)
(16) "Esperanto - (not) a successful experiment?" Lecture on 31 March 2014 during the awards ceremony of the Aalener Kulturpreis (Cultural Awards) for Utho Maier and Karl-Heinz Schaeffer, Aalen/Germany. (de)
(17) "Interlinguistics - only an intellectual baublery?" Lecture at the Headquarters of Universal Esperanto Association in Rotterdam, 10.5.2014, videotaped by Francisco Veuthey. (eo)
(18) Discussion for Radio Frei (Erfurt), during the 91st Conference of the German Esperanto Association (6 – 9 June 2014). The discussion was held on 8 June 2014. The reporter from the city of Erfurt, Carsten Rose, talked with Gerrit Berveling (NL), Rudolf Fischer, Detlev Blanke and Konrad Gramelspacher about Esperanto and its chances in the EU.(de)
(19) "Stenography for planned languages", lecture held at the 24th Conference of the "Gesellschaft für Interlinguistik e.V." (Society for Interlinguistics; GIL), Berlin, 21 – 23 November 2014,